As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed. Vincent Van Gogh

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Photo in my pocket


Photo in my pocket

I keep a photo in my pocket,
of a life innocent and new.
She keeps a photo in a locket,
of a life beautiful and true.

I keep a memory in my heart
of the little girl I love.
Even though miles apart
she is all I think of.

I keep an image in my mind
of a time when things are new
when no one will be blind
and no one will be blue.

I keep thinking of that time
when peace and love abound.
A world with no crime,
Pain and suffering will not be found.

That is the place
where my girl will be.
A sweet smile and long embrace
is one thing I hope to see.

Until that time is here,
I will keep the photo close.
along with the occasional tear
and a single pink rose.

One year closer to seeing you again…

Karli Michelle Reynolds
July 6, 2004

7 comments:

ThirtyWhat said...

My thoughts and prayers are with your family ...

A passing thought ... if you ever see it in a bookstore or library, pick up "Hello From Heaven" ... I read it recently and it gave me such a sense of peace about Dad's passing.

Bike said...

Perfect.
Thinking and praying for you and your family today.

Bike said...

R,
This book was helpful for me, 'Angel On Board' http://www.angelonboard.com/
M

Marie said...

That is a beautiful poem. You and yours are in my prayers, Randy.

Randy said...

Thank you all for commenting and letting us know that you are thinking of us. I wish I had happier things to post about. I really think it is nice that even though you do not know me other than what you see through my camera, you still are thoughtful. But, for now we are ok, and tomorrow is another day. Happier posts to come...

ThirtyWhat said...

Post whatever you feel, Randy ... you don't have to be happy for your blog fans. We'll be here to see your photos no matter what ... peace.

Bike said...

30-what said it right...the blog is for you, not the readers. I've had similar thoughts about my blog, but have stuck to posting for me, not for others--even with pressure/suggestions from others...and you know I enjoy the pix you take.

Vistors

License

Creative 
Commons License
All content on this website (including text, photographs, audio files, and any other original works), unless otherwise noted, is licensed under aCreative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike2.5 License.